Harry Houdini fact: He was friends w/ Sir Arthur Conan Doyle, who truly and deeply believed that Mr Houdini was, in fact, magical and accomplishing his impressive feats by use of real spiritual powers; upon discovery that this was not so and that Mr Houdini was in fact dedicated to debunking such superstitions, Mr Conan Doyle became extremely angry and they had a falling out which led to the two men becoming public antagonists and led Mr Conan Doyle to view Mr Houdini as “a dangerous enemy”
YOU HEARD ME
SIR ARTHUR CONAN DOYLE SAID THAT HARRY HOUDINI WAS “A DANGEROUS ENEMY” ON ACCOUNT OF HIS NOT ACTUALLY BEING MAGIC
haha omg what the actual fuck
I feel like ozymandias271 would enjoy this story
Chaos in Ferguson. Sunday night, part 4
- no, this isn’t over;
- no, these aren’t from earlier in the week;
- no, everything isn’t alright now;
- no, the police haven’t stopped brutalizing peaceful protesters;
- no, police haven’t intervened to stop the looting;
- no, police haven’t responded to emergency 911 calls for people injured by rubber bullets or children hit by cars;
- no, michael brown’s shooter still has not faced any consequences for murdering an unarmed teenager 9 days ago
The New Jim Crow
1. Ferguson, Missouri has a population of approximately 21,000 people — roughly 75% of those residents are Black
2. The Ferguson police department has around 530 cops —less than 5 of them are Black
3. Ferguson had *zero* homicides for all of 2014 —until Michael Brown was murdered by Darrin Wilson
4. Things you should know: Five Myths About Black-on-Black Crime
5. Michael Brown was 18yrs old and was about to begin college. Brown had no criminal record, and despite the Ferguson PD’s smear campaign, Mike Brown PAID FOR the cigars —those facts are all important and should be known, but even if Brown was a high school dropout with prior arrests who stole the cigars, 1) it wouldn’t have made his life any less valuable, 2) we have a court system and those are not capital offenses and 3) it doesn’t change the fact that the cop who killed him, Darren Wilson, had no idea about Brown’s personal history when he executed Brown. Wilson saw only a Black teen deemed either “too uppity” or “suspicious” because of his skin color
6. Five examples: The Militarization of the police
7. It’s deeply Institutional: Police view Black Children As Less Innocent
it’s alarming how easy it is to picture marius pontmercy being played by a fucking muppet. cosette singing a heart full of love with a fucking muppet. small muppet marius tying a full size french flag around his tiny muppet body. grantaire mocking muppet marius for falling in lvoe and muppet marius doing the little muppet face falling thing
How Dorian Gray should have ended
- Lord Henry Wotton: *looking at the painting* What's his name?
- Basil Hallward: None of your fucking business, Harry! Get out of my house!
- THE END
Anonymous said: these anons are like, "can i be racist in the rain? can i be racist on a train? can i be racist in a box? can i be racist with a fox?"
How can I be racist if I work with blacks
How can I be racist if one sold me slacks
I’m not racist I’m just like you. I’m best friends with a black or two.
i’m not racist, you see, it’s just a preference
i love eastern culture and its women’s deference
the west lost its way with no room for clemency
If I love Asian women, how’s that white supremacy?
i’m not a racist, i can’t be, you see
my great grandma’s grandma was part cherokee
plus one time i got called “cracker” to my face
don’t we all bleed red? i don’t even see race…
I’m not racist, blacks just need to stop complaining
Living in the past and white people blaming
I work hard, no handouts for every little fraction
If white privilege isn’t fair, then how is affirmative action?
how can i be racist? i love Asia so much!
i like karaoke and China and K-pop and such
in fact, i hate that i’m white with such passion
i wish i was Japanese so i could wear some Shibuya fashion!
in case anyone was considering buying a shirt with that image, the man in the photo is requesting that people dont buy it